Sunday 31 August 2014

Les Mills Step

OK so training to be a fitness instructor has been awesome, and I have been going to more classes than usual to gain experience and see how other instructors conduct themselves.  It was all good fun until I participated in a step class.  OMGeeeeeee what the hell did I just do? If I was going to be truly honest I didn't really like it, it was hard and yep it was hard. 

To keep to the timing was hard, to learn the steps was hard, to laugh at myself well that was easy but ....... damn it was hard.  I walked away from that class thinking I'm never going back there again!

My knees hurt, my back hurts and this tells me that it worked, the workout did something for me, BUT I didn't like it. Why? Because I looked like a total fool.  This is exactly how you are meant to feel when trying something new.  Of course its hard , it's something you've never done before, your body is saying what the hell are you doing?

However your body is amazing, and it doesn't take long for it to adjust.  Just keep trying, don't give up and keep going.  Trust me you will be so proud of yourself in a weeks time looking back.  This is exactly the reason why I am going to keep going to step class, and look like a complete goof.

We are all different and enjoy doing different types of exercise, and for all different reasons.  Myself I started off exercising for weight loss, at first it was just something I had to do.  Now its something I love to do.  I love it so much I'm now instructing, learning Tang Soo Do the art of Karate, going to the gym and loving it. 


I have more energy, I'm happy, I've lost weight, I've changed my whole lifestyle.  I have several jobs I love, my family is healthier, happier, more active.  Its such an amazing impact.  It doesn't all happen overnight though, its been a tough road to get here and the road is still going rough, no smooth driving here.

Really I'm not going to sugar coat it for you, loosing weight is tough, starting to exercise when you never have before is tough!  Have you ever heard anyone say 'if it was easy everyone would be doing it' ? It's true, but I assure you the fittest of people find it hard to do something new or different  too. 

A great friend of mine told me something awesome the other day, mind you she always says awesome things.  Such a motivating and inspirational women she is, and I'm so thankful she's in my life. This friend of mine was talking about needing just a bit of TLC



Time

Love

Consistency




Now this was an awesome acronym, one that I just had to share with the world.  Give yourself time to adjust, love yourself in the process and be consistent.



Consistency is so important when it comes to health and fitness, be consistent and you will thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment